Sections

ideals
Business Essentials for Professionals



Despite US Ban And Google Unavailability, Huawie Unveils Its Mate 30 Series Phones


09/19/2019


Despite US Ban And Google Unavailability, Huawie Unveils Its Mate 30 Series Phones
Chinese tech giant Huawei has revealed its latest flagship phones of its Mate 30 series  - the Mate 30 Pro and the Mate 30, in a grand event in Munich, Germany on Thursday.
 
However the phones would not have the support of Google and its apps because of the ban on the Huawei by the United States administration.
 
The new smartphones of the Mate 30 series will have an open-source version of Google’s Android operating system and will function on it. The restrictions and ban put on it by the US has prevented Huawei to license the latest version of Android.
 
This means that the key Google apps, like Gmail, YouTube, Maps or the Play Store will not be preinstalled in the new phones launched by the company. The company instead is offering its own Android-based interface called EMUI10 and its own app store to the customers of the new Mate 30 series phones. However, this will create some difficulty or Huawei to compete with competitors such as Samsung and Apple, said analysts.
 
“I don’t see how many users would make so many compromises with such a phone,” Gartner Research Vice President Annette Zimmermann, said in a television interview. “It’s a lot of uncertainty.”
 
Huawie, also the largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in the world, was put on the so called ‘entity list’ of the US Commerce Department in May this year which effectively prevented all American companies to have business relations with the Chinese firm without prior government approval. A temporary was awarded to Huawei by the US administration to make certain purchases from American companies till about mid-November.
 
However the exemption is not applicable to any new launches or products from Huawei like the Mate 30 series of smartphones, reported the media last month quoting a senior executive from Google.
 
But Huawie has gone ahead with the launch of its latest smartphones despite the US ban and the company had been developing its own operating system known as HarmonyOS. However reports said that the time to put that operating system ion the new Mate 30 series of smartphones has not yet come.
 
This is the first phone that has been launched by Huawei since US put the ban on it. The range of phone sin the series includes Mate 30 with a screen size of 6.62-inch and Mate 30 Pro with a screen size of 6.53-inch. Both the models are available in both 4G and 5G formats. The cost of the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro models begins from 799 euros ($883) and 1099 euros ($1,215), respectively, and the starting price of the Mate 30 Pro 5G is placed at 1,199 euros ($1,326).
 
Huawei’s new Kirin 990 processor will power the Mate 30 phones. The Kirin 990 processor is  an all-in-one artificial and 5G chip which Huawie describes as its “most sophisticated smartphone chipset launched to date.”
 
In August, the Galaxy Note 10+ 5G was launched by the biggest smartphone seller of the world Samsung and then its Galaxy S10 5G phones were unveiled in February. 5G enabled phones have also been unveiled by come of the Chinese rivals of Huawie such as Xiaomi.
 
(Source:www.cnbc.com)